Woman chomps on severed human finger in salad she was served
Chopt fast-casual chain has been sued by a customer who claims a manager’s severed finger was in her salad (Picture: Chopt)
A woman who ordered a salad from fast-casual chain Chopt bit into what she says was a severed human finger.
Allison Cozzi claims ‘she was chewing on a portion of a human finger that had been mixed in to, and made a part of, the salad’, according to her lawsuit against Chopt filed on Monday.
Cozzi, of Greenwich, Connecticut, alleges that a manager at a Chopt in Mount Kisco, New York, was chopping arugula when the accident happened on April 7.
‘Earlier in the day an employee working at the aforementioned Chopt Creative Salad Company restaurant was chopping arugula and chopped off, or cut off, a portion of her left pointer finger,’ states the suit.
While the manager was taken to a hospital, the contaminated food was still served to Cozzi and other customers, her suit claims.
Cozzi experienced ‘severe and serious personal injuries, including shock, panic attacks, migraine and the exacerbation of migraine, cognitive impairment, traumatic stress and anxiety, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and neck and shoulder pain’, according to her suit.
Her attorney, Marc Reibman, told the New York Post that she does not want publicity because ‘she is fearful that publicity will exacerbate her stress and anxiety levels’.
Chopt opened its first store in 2001 by Union Square in New York City and has grown to more than 70 locations across the East Coast.
‘At Chopt, we dream up the most delicious salads imaginable,’ states its website. ‘It’s where creativity meets quality with local ingredients, artisan partners, and 18+ original dressings.’
It is not the first time that a human finger has been served. A woman eating a burger in Bolivia bit into the decaying finger of a worker who sliced it off while preparing meat in September 2021.