top of page



  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey
  • Instagram Clean Grey

Moment cops storm plane & escort Sara Sharif's dad off in cuffs as trio arrested for ‘murder

This is the moment Sara Sharif cops escort the schoolgirl's dad off a plane in cuffs as he's arrested for murder.

Urfan Sharif, 41, his partner Beinash Batool, 29, and his brother Faisal Malik were last night arrested after landing back in the UK as they returned from Pakistan.

The trio arrived at Gatwick on Wednesday evening after spending nearly five weeks on the run in Pakistan and were immediately taken off the plane by British cops.

Pictures show a dozen officers boarding the Emirates plane before escorting Sara's dad, dressed in a white polo shirt, off in handcuffs.

Passengers were told there had been a “technical issue” and were asked to return to their seats.

One told The Sun: “We were then told police were coming for a security matter. About a dozen police came on board, came up to business class and these guys stood up.

“They didn’t look particularly surprised. I don’t know if it was arranged or if they suspected what would happen.”

The passenger said he believed the men had been “asleep” the whole flight to London.

He added: “When the police had put their handcuffs on, they asked if they had any bags and then a few officers took them off the plane. Others then searched all around where they were sitting.”

Cops last night revealed Sharif, Batool and Malik have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

A police spokesperson said: "Our investigation into the death of 10-year-old Sara Sharif was launched following the discovery of her body at her home address in Hammond Road, Woking, on August 10.

"This evening, around 7.45pm, three people were arrested in connection with this investigation at Gatwick Airport.

"Two men, aged 41 years and 28 years, and a woman, aged 29 years, were arrested on suspicion of murder after disembarking a flight from Dubai. They are currently in custody and will be interviewed in due course.

"Sara’s mother has been informed of this latest update and is being supported by specialist officers. Our thoughts remain with her and those affected by Sara’s death at this very difficult time.

"This has been an extremely fast-moving, challenging and complex enquiry and we remain absolutely committed to conducting a thorough investigation into Sara’s death."

Urfan and Batool left Britain with Sara's uncle Faisal Malik and five children aged between one and 13, before going into hiding.

Interpol launched an international manhunt for the trio with police in Pakistan liaising with cops in the UK.

It comes after a video emerged last week of Sharif and Batool reading a statement together about the horror.

Batool said her family "are willing to cooperate with the UK authorities and fight our case in court" - but moaned about the conditions they are living under.

Batool also said her family have gone into hiding as "everyone is scared for their safety.

She said: "The kids are unable to attend school as they're afraid to leave the house. No one is leaving the house.

"The groceries have run out and there is no food for the kids as the adults are unable to leave their homes out of fear for safety."

It was the first time the pair had surfaced since they disappeared to Pakistan.

Sara's body was discovered after Sharif called 999 from Pakistan.

An inquest opened into Sara's death last week heard how medics are still unable to establish a cause of death.

Sara's dad and stepmum appeared in a video shared online last weekCredit: Sky News

But Woking Coroner's Court was told the youngster's death is likely to have been "unnatural".

A previous post-mortem revealed she suffered “multiple and extensive injuries which are likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time”.

Video credit: skynews

He has been arrested along with his partner Beinash Batool

Credit: thesun


bottom of page