top of page



  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey
  • Instagram Clean Grey

Lawless London sees third killing in 24 hours as man stabbed to death after shooting Lawless London

A man has been knifed to death in the third brutal murder on London's streets in just 24 hours.

The man's stabbing death comes after two teens were killed within 12 minutes in gun and knife attacks just 12 miles apart in Lawless London yesterday, The Sun reported.

Police arrived on the scene in Tooting, South West London, following a fatal stabbing yesterday Credit: Peter Manning

A helicopter can be seen at Tower Hamlets today after a man in his 30s was stabbed to deathCredit: UK News in Pictures

London saw a bloody 24 hours unfold on its streets

The teens became the 57th and 58th murders in the capital so far this year - and the man killed today will be the 59th if a murder probe is confirmed.

Three men were also stabbed in a separate attack outside a Tube station in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Today the Metropolitan Police were again scrambled to a murder scene when a man in his 30s was stabbed to death on Alton Street in Tower Hamlets, East London, at 2.37pm.

Witness David told The Sun Online he had gone out to get a paper - coming back ten minutes later to see the helicopter.

He said: "I saw them working on him for about three quarters of an hour then they covered him with a sheet."

Detectives are still searching for the suspects after the attack.

It comes after a grim day on London's streets yesterday first saw an 18-year-old knifed to death in Tooting, South West London.

Six men - aged between 16 and 19 - have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Marina Paget, 22, who lives in the area, said: "I walked past at 2.30pm and I didn't see anything, but when I came back from work at 5.30pm it was all going on.

"I walked past I saw what looked like the body on the floor covered in a bag and there were 50 people around, loads of people, two or three ambulances."

Just 12 minutes later a 19-year-old man was found with critical injuries after being shot in a car park in Plumstead, South East London. He died at the scene a short while later.

Three boys - two aged 16 one 17 - have been arrested on suspicion of murder, along with a 17-year-old girl.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he was "sickened" following the deaths of the two teenage boys.

He said: "Our overstretched police are working around the clock to keep Londoners safe. They need our support to end this scourge of violence.”

At around 3.22am on Saturday, police were called to Bedford Road following reports of a fight near Clapham North Tube station.

Three men were found with stab and slash injuries.

Four men were arrested in connection with the incident - two for violent disorder, one accused of carrying a bladed instrument and another for possession of a Taser - and have been taken into custody at a south London police station.

London has been in the grips of a scourge of violence this year - with 2018 the bloodiest year in almost a decade.

The number of homicides, including murder and manslaughter, have risen from 649 to 730 - an increase of 14 per cent.

There were 1,299 stabbings in London up to the end of April, according to official statistics from the Met Police.

Before Friday, there had been at least 56 murder investigations in the capital this year, with 34 of them fatal stabbings.

Figures last month revealed five young people are attacked with a knife every day in London and Mr Khan warned it could take a "decade" to turn back the tide of violent crime.

However Met Police chief Cressida Dick recently hailed a reduction in stabbings of under-25s after more stop and searches.

After the horror 24 hours, Scotland Yard said locals can expect an enhanced police presence near the crime scenes.

Read more from The Sun

My view: It is scary, what's happening in some areas in London. It seems the Mayor doesn't have a clue of what to do about the horrible situation.

bottom of page