top of page



  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey
  • Instagram Clean Grey

Driver who ploughed car into packed dancefloor guilty of attempted murder

A DRIVER who ploughed a car into a packed dancefloor at a nightclub has today been found guilty of attempted murder, The Sun reported.

Mohammed Abdul had told staff he would come back to kill them and "shut the place down" moments before the horror smash in Blake's nightclub in Gravesend, Kent.

This is the moment the car ploughs on to the dancefloor as panicked clubbers scatter

Play VideoTerrifying moment car ploughs into packed Blake's nightclub dancefloor as partygoers run for their lives in Gravesend

The 21-year-old had been booted out the club for being drunk and left eight people injured in the carnage on March 17 last year.

Terrifying CCTV footage showed the car careering down an alleyway before bursting into a crowd of revellers who were awaiting a guest appearance by grime rap artist Giggs.

Abdul was today convicted of two charges of attempted murder at Maidstone Crown Court today.

One of his victims, Katie Wells, who was 18 at the time, told the court how she wanted Abdul to experience "one day of pain" like she has endured since the attack.

Jurors heard how just 10 minutes after he was chucked out the club, raging Abdul clambered into his Suzuki Vitara after smoking cannabis and downing 15 vodkas and tequila shots.

A member of staff was filmed jumping on the car in an effort to try to stop it

He then careered through closed metal gates and into a smoking area - sending a doorman flying as he tried to chase the car.

Clubbers can be seen diving to safety, with one young woman who had fallen to the ground, being dragged away from the wheels of the car just in the nick of time.

The footage then switches to the dancefloor in the marquee, which has a DJ booth, bar, toilets and sofas.

Headlights can be seen at the entrance before the car ploughs onto the dancefloor, sending revellers scattering "like dominoes".

Abdul then reverses back to the entrance before finally coming to a halt.

Scroll down for video

Bouncers at Blake's in Gravesend, Kent, feared it was a terrorist attack and that the driver may have been armed with either a gun or explosives.

Katie told the court how she suffered two fractures to her pelvis when the car "launched" towards her.

She ended up underneath the vehicle and was left with tyre marks on her thighs. She spent two days in King's College Hospital, London, before being discharged.

As well as her fractured pelvis, she suffered a sprained elbow, bruising and friction burns.

She said: "In some respects I think I was one of the unlucky ones as I was one of the more seriously injured, but actually I believe I am lucky to be alive after what happened as it could so easily have been even worse.

"Originally after the incident I had two months off work. I couldn’t drive and wasn’t able to walk so couldn’t really do anything.

"Any occasions I did go out, like to Bluewater for example, I had to be put in a wheelchair which made me feel embarrassed and self-conscious and I constantly felt like people were looking at me and talking about me."

She was one of eight clubbers injured that night, either by the impact of the car or in the resulting panic.

Cameraman Pierre Jermaine Joseph, 32, was pinned by the Vitara against the marquee and suffered a fractured shinbone and knee.

The court heard staff had made desperate attempts to stop the vehicle and to drag people out of its path as it rammed clubbers.

It paused at the marquee entrance for nine seconds before careering into the centre of the dancefloor and then reversing for several metres, pinning one reveller against the marquee metal frame.

Once it had stopped, the car and came under attack from those Abdul had tried to mow down and he was restrained by door staff until police arrived.

Abdul denied two offences of attempted murder as well as an alternative charge of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

He also denied two charges of causing grievous bodily harm with intent to cause grievous bodily harm to two revellers but admitted two offences of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Abdul, from Deptford, South East London, will be sentenced tomorrow.

Via The Sun

My view: This is terrible, shocking footage to watch. He's such an evil human being.

bottom of page