RECENT POSTS: 

FOLLOW ME:

  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey
  • Instagram Clean Grey

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have lost 3 staff members since Royal wedding


The Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry have lost three major palace aides since the Duchess joined the Royal Family just six months ago.

Daily Mail confirmed on Saturday the news of the latest aide to quit. A source from Kensington Palace said: 'It's a real shock, why would she want to leave such a prestigious job so soon?'

She will soon be joined by the royal couple's private secretary Samantha Cohen, who follows predecessor Edward Lane Fox, appointed by Prince Harry in 2013, out of the Kensington Palace door.

Australian Cohen, 49, has been a trusted aide of the royals for 17 years, described as 'deeply committed to serving the monarchy' and was given the task of preparing Meghan for her life as a royal earlier this year.

The Duchess of Sussex's personal assistant, known only as 'Melissa' has left her role with the palace, just six months after the American actress married into the Royal Family. Melissa will be followed by aide Samantha Cohen, pictured between the Queen and Meghan at a ceremony to open the new Mersey Gateway Bridge on June 14th. Australian Cohen, who has worked with the royal family for 17 years, was tasked with helping Meghan settle into royal life

She attended the royal wedding and is believed to have played a key role in preparing Meghan for a garden party at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday - the Duchess' first appearance as Her Royal Highness.

Originally from Brisbane and married to a dentist, mother-of-three Cohen had previously worked as a private secretary for the Queen and earned the nickname 'The Panther' for her feisty attitude.

A Kensington Palace spokesman declined to comment on the departure of the PA, whose name is given only as Melissa. However, a Palace source was authorised to pay tribute to her.

'Melissa is a hugely talented person,' the source said.

'She played a pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding and will be missed by everyone in the Royal Household.'

One Palace aide said: 'To lose one member of the household could happen to anyone. To lose three in a few months is starting to look like a stampede.'

Ms Cohen moved from Buckingham Palace to Kensington Palace to help the Duchess settle into her new public life...but is set to leave her role shortly. Cohen pictured attending the wedding of Prince Harry to Ms Meghan Markle at St George's Chapel, Windsor on May 19th

Former army man Edward Lane Fox joined Prince Harry in 2003, after a career in the the Household Cavalry and with financial communications firm RLM Finsbury. He left his role in Kensington Palace during the summer

Culled from Daily Mail

My view: What do you expect?, from mother hen Meghan, she's a humanitarian who can't forgive her own father for talking to the media about his selfish daughter, maybe she is insecure around women, who are too close to her husband, she'll employ great grannies as her staff next. There is nothing surprising about Meghan and Harry's staff resigning from their lucrative jobs, when you have very powerful full-housewives like Meghan Markle and Melania Trump, they use their kitchen and bedroom power to fire their staff. Recall when Nigerian president Buhari said his wife Aisha "belongs to the kitchen and other rooms", everyone said it's insulting, well actually it's a compliment, because if you're a first lady and a Duchess you have the power to fire staff or force your husband's staff out of their jobs. Aisha Buhari got all the things she demanded from her husband and she's now campaigning for his re-election after saying she won't campaign for him unless he appoints her own people, she's happy now, because her kitchen/bedroom power worked.