top of page



  • Facebook Clean Grey
  • Twitter Clean Grey
  • Instagram Clean Grey

TV Show Captures Chilling Final Moments Before Leicester Helicopter Crash

Ten Daily reports that, Show presenters were commenting on the helicopter owned by Leicester City club owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabh just moments before it crashed outside the stadium.

Harrowing footage has emerged of the moment the chopper took-off from King Power stadium just minutes before it crashed, exploding into flames outside the pitch.

BT Sport cameras captured the helicopter taking off from the centre circle during a post-match show following the Premier League match against West Ham.

In the video, pundits Jake Humphrey, Owen Hargreaves, Chris Sutton and John Hartson turn to acknowledge the helicopter taking off and mention that it belongs to the club's owner.

Shortly after a loud roar can be heard on air -- believed to have come from the explosion.

Minutes later after an ad-break, a visibly shaken Humphrey revealed the news the commentators had heard a "commotion outside" and confirmed the helicopter had crashed in the parking lot outside the stadium.

Humphrey said the helicopter flying out of the stadium was a "regular feature" on the show.

"We often sit here after the games and see the helicopter take off, make remarks about owning a football club and flying in a helicopter," Humphrey said.

"However, it's suddenly got very serious because the helicopter that took off from here just about five minutes ago whilst we were live on air. The helicopter has crashed."

During the announcement people can be seen in the background running through the pitch, moments after the crash.

Officials are yet to confirm any casualties from the accident and it is unclear who was involved in the crash, although there are unconfirmed reports Srivaddhanaprabh was in the helicopter at the time of the incident.

The club owner is known for arriving and leaving the stadium in his helicopter at home games.

"We are assisting Leicestershire Police and the Emergency Services in dealing with a major incident at King Power Stadium.

The Club will issue a more detailed statement once further information has been established," a Leicester City spokesman said.

Emergency services have worked through the night with ambulances reportedly seen moving out of the crash site shortly after the helicopter went down in a ball of flames.

Witnesses have told media that the helicopter lost control within a few seconds of taking off and spiraled before crashing into flames, Ten Daily reported.

"I hope they're OK. Doesn't seem like they have had much of a chance. Just burst into flames," one witness told Sky News.

Scroll down for video

My view: It doesn't seem like the people on board the helicopter have had much of a chance, it just explode in flames.

bottom of page