Mum burned in Salford arson attack ‘to leave hospital for first time to attend funerals’ of her four
Culled from The Sun
A Mum who suffered horrendous burns that killed four of her kids will leave hospital for the first time to attend their funeral, it is claimed.
Michelle Pearson, 36, was left in a coma after two petrol bombs set her family home in Salford, Greater Manchester on fire last December that killed her four of her children: Demi, 15, Brandon, eight, Lacie, seven and Lia, three, The Sun reported.
Mother-of-five Michelle is said to be attending the funeral
Mirror Online claims she plans to take a day from hospital so she can say goodbye to her children – who are yet to be buried – next month.
Scroll down for video
The tragic kids will be carried to the service by horse-drawn carriages, the dress code will be “black and pink for girls” and “black and blue for boys” and little Lia will be buried in a Peppa Pig coffin because she loved the programme.
A relative told Mirror Online: “Michelle will be attending.
“She will have to go from the hospital.
She was described as still “critical” by loved ones last month and has only recently managed to talk again – she even had to have one of her eyes stitched shut due to her injuries.
It is claimed the source added: “It’s a slow and long process but it will get better.”
Michelle was rescued from the fire along with her youngest daughter Lia, who died two days after the incident.
A court heard that the other kids, who had been sleeping in a front bedroom when the house was petrol-bombed, died in the blaze.
Lia will be buried in a Peppa Pig coffin
The children died as a result of a combination of smoke inhalation and burns, they also suffered cardiac arrests.
The funeral will take place on Friday, September 14 – nine months after the attack and four mouth after two men for jailed for life after the kids’ murders.
Zak Bolland, 23, was caged for life for starting the blaze, while pal David Worrall, 25, was jailed for a minimum of 37 years.
Accomplice Courtney Brierley, 20, was handed a minimum of 21 for her part in the devastating fire on December 11 last year.
The procession will begin on Jackson Street in the Walkden area, the same road that the attack was carried out on.